MINISTRY WITH CHILDREN
Faith Formation for Preschool Children
Our Faith Formation class with our preschool children meets during the 9:30 am worship service. The children begin their time in the worship service with their family. Following the Worship Connection (children’s sermon), they are invited to join their teachers for a Bible story and age-appropriate activities. The class meets through the conclusion of worship.
Faith Formation for Elementary Children
Our Faith Formation program for our elementary age children takes place Tuesdays at the conclusion of the school day until 5:30pm. This allows a significant block of time with our children to build relationships and develop their faith. This program includes some free play time, a snack, Bible study with age-appropriate activities, and worship education. If transportation is an issue for families, we encourage them to contact the Director of Christian Education.
Children of all ages are WELCOME in worship! Please see the section below for ways in which we welcome children into the worship space. We also have a nursery available for infants through Pre-K aged children. Currently, the nursery is available on the first and third Sundays of the month.
Children in Worship
It is important that children are a part of the worshipping community! At Eastridge, we provide many ways for children to feel welcome and a part of our worship services. Some of those ways are:
- Children’s storybook Bibles are located in each pew.
- Worship bags that provide ways for children to explore the Bible story as well as include items to keep moving hands busy.
- Worship Connection – a moment during the service that provides a children’s message about the morning’s scripture.
- A reading nook that provides storybooks that can be taken into worship or used in the narthex for times when some extra movement is needed.
- Our 2nd – 5th graders are invited to acolyte which involves lighting the candles at the beginning of the service and extinguishing them at the conclusion. Training is offered so children will be comfortable and be safe. (If you are interested in having your child participate, please contact Kris Adler-Brammer.)
- Children, and/or their families, are invited to usher. They can sign up to usher on a regular basis or fill in on a Sunday morning if a substitute is needed. They are also welcome to pair up with an usher and do this together.
- Children are also welcome to participate in the readings and music during worship. On occasion, our Tuesday afterschool lessons will involve learning about the parts of worship as well as writing part of the liturgy. When this happens, we will have the children lead that part of the service.
- Music is a part of our Tuesday afterschool program. Children will spend a few weeks exploring and learning music and then share it in worship.
For additional questions and information about children’s ministry at Eastridge, please contact Kris Adler-Brammer, the Director of Christian Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.